COME SHARE WITH US THE MAGIC AND WILDERNESS BEAUTY OF LAC SEUL. We are within minutes of Vaughan Lake. AMERICAN PLAN & HOUSEKEEPING. Situated in the heart of Lac Seul, Mahkwa Lodge is the ultimate fishing destination in North-Western Ontario’s Boreal forest region. The abundance of wildlife, sandy beaches and trophy size Walleye and Northern has made Mahkwa Lodge one of the most popular destinations for all types of people from around the globe.
As the only Lodge in the south-west area of the lake with exclusive access from the facilities, you are guaranteed a first class fishing experience.
The numerous hot spots for Trophy Northern and Walleye are located just minutes away from our doorstep. Smallmouth Bass and Whitefish are also abundant in area’s close to the lodge, where as Musky can be found just 40 minutes up the lake.
Our Walleye season opens on the 3rd Saturday in May, with the spawning season of Walleyes and Northern complete, this is the ideal time for fast fishing fun. The only exception to this is in Vaughn Lake (a 10 minute boat ride from the lodge) , as a fish sanctuary Vaughn opens on June 15th.
The lake level fluctuates by about 4 feet annually, from it’s lowest point in May and rising to it’s peak in July. May and June are ideal times for fast fishing as the Walleyes and Northern are just ending the spawn and still ‘hang around’ the shallows. Casting with small spoons in the shallows is fun. As the waters warm up the Walleyes move to deeper waters allowing for trolling and jigging.
Hudson, ON P0V 1X0
Ph: (807) 582-3443
Fax: (807) 582-3533
From International Falls your just 4.5 hours away from great fishing.
Here’s the best routing:
1. Take HWY-71 (International Br / CANADIAN BORDER) 0.1 miles
2. Continue onto Church St 0.1 miles
3. Turn left onto Mowat Av 0.1 miles
4. Turn right onto HWY-11 (Scott St, Trans Canada Hwy) 1.3 miles
5. Bear left onto HWY-11 (Colonization Rd E) 0.5 miles
6. Continue onto HWY-11 (Mill Rd, Trans Canada Hwy) 1.3 miles
7. Continue onto HWY-11 (Trans Canada Hwy) 15.9 miles
8. Turn left onto HWY-502 (towards Dryden) 93.8 miles
9. Turn right onto HWY-594 5 miles
10. Turn right onto HWY-17 (Trans Canada Hwy) 0.3 miles
11. Continue onto HWY-17 (Trans Canada Hwy) 16.7 miles
12. Turn left onto HWY-72 (Sioux Lookout turn-off) 37.4 miles
13. Turn hard left onto HWY -664 (Hudson turn-off) 10.0 miles
14. Go through Hudson – to “ T-junction” turn left 4 miles
15. Follow signs for Mahkwa Lodge by Turning Right 4 miles
16. Turn Left on gravel road “boat landing for Mahkwa” 10 miles
17. Turn left at sign for Whitefish Bay, follow the road over the bridge and keep straight until you reach your destination. 7 miles