This lake offers some of the best fishing in our area, with trophy-sized Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, and some of the best Walleye fishing you’ve ever seen. We offer lots of peace and quiet and wildlife to observe. In the surrounding lakes you can find Lake Trout, Perch, and Whitefish. You’ll also find some of the finest moose, bear, and grouse hunting in the area. Our cabins are modern and comfortable. Come and see us!
Steve & Debbie Vincent
Ignace, ON P0T 1T0
Young Lake Lodge is located near Ignace in the northwestern portion of Ontario, Canada. We’re very easy to get to.
If you’re coming from the U.S. cross the border at International Falls, MN to Fort Frances Ontario. From there travel up highway 502 North to Dryden. Then take the Trans-Canada highway (# 17) East to Ignace. Travel 40 miles north on Hwy 599. We are located 3 miles North of the Silver Dollar Restaurant / Motel which sits on the corner of Hwy. 642 and Hwy. 599. You’ll see our signs.
Coordinates: 49.8443 Lat., -91.196909 Long.
- Great walleye fishing, awesome wildlife. We will be back!!
-- Kevin Bruesch
- We had a good time fishing in Young Lake and Watcomb. Our two favorite lakes. We would like to come back many times. I hope you guys stay a long time. Thank you for being so kind
-- Harriet & Dewey Mattason
- Had a great time. The week was to short. The wildlife was great & the fishing was good. The weather could have been just a little better. See ya next year!
-- David, Kathy & Danny Ratliff
- FOR ALL YOU SMALLMOUTH FISHERMAN OUT THERE, we just got back from some of the best Smallmouth fishing we have ever had, and according to the fisherman who have been coming up there for years, it is like that all the time. We spent a week at Young Lake Lodge on Young Lake (www.younglake.on.ca) 40 miles North of Ignace, Ontario. This family oriented resort is on the East side of the lake which means beautiful sunsets everynight. Debbie and Steve run a very clean and neat rustic wilderness camp. They have very neat and clean cabins with hot & cold running water (which is a treat for a wilderness camp). There is many miles of wilderness ATV trails starting right at your door.
Smallmouth are abundent starting at the dock or down the little rivers to two other lakes. We caught a lot in the 15 to 18 inch range, others in the 20 to 22 inch range were caught, we tried many different plugs but the one that worked (which I was using and out fished my hubby) was Mepps #2 Black Fury with yellow spots, we tried other Mepps but that was the hot one. I am a believer in Mepps now.
If you want smallmouth fishing this is the spot
-- Sharon Melho
- Landed in 33" Northern, my largest fish ever. Our 11 year old son said this was the best vacation our family has ever had. Fishing was good, weather wasn't bad despite a few days of frigid temperatures. Will return next year to show these men how to fish again.
-- Tammy, Frank & Tyler Danielczak. Ryinelander, WI